PDA

View Full Version : Squad

Demo911
12-29-2015, 08:32 AM
So my basic recommendation is that it is/will be worth it. Even now with it in early alpha I find it Alot better then any battlefield game. That being said I will be doing a complete review at some point this week. One thing you may want to wait for is the vehicles to be brought into the game (should be by the end of January)

Demo911
12-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Has anyone else tried the game yet?

Demo911
12-29-2015, 04:57 PM
Ok so its time for my review. i don't do reviews often so i may leave things out inadvertently so if you have a question just post it and i will try and respond if i know.

HERE (http://joinsquad.com/)is the games website

HERE (http://forums.joinsquad.com/)is the games forums

Game Requirements
MINIMUM
Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual-Core 64-bit CPU
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: DX10 Compatible GPU with 1 GB Video RAM
DirectX: Version 10
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 10 GB available space

RECOMMENDED
OS: Windows 7 SP1 (x64), Windows 8 (x64), Windows 10 (x64)
Processor: 3 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit CPU
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: DX12 Compatible GPU with 2 GB Video RAM
DirectX: Version 12 Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 12 GB available space

now with that our of the way.
I suggest that anyone who is a fan of team orientated FPS game to pick this up(at some point). Right now it is in EARLY ALPHA so there are bugs, glitches, and other issues. but they are rolling out monthly update. and frequent hot fixes. the game takes some getting used to for people coming from the battlefield franchise. in my opinion the biggest thing that takes getting used to is not being able to spot an enemy and mark them for the team to see. this game relies HEAVILY on verbal communication over VOIP.

personally i have not seen any visual issues with the game. the only issue i have with the game is the fact that the maps ARE HUGE and there are no vehicles yet but should be included in the January update.

the graphics seem to be pretty good and it runs well on my system. the sound is pretty good as well and is very directional so it helps to locate enemies.

to the best of my knowledge team-kill is ALWAYS ON so you cant just spam bullets. also you cant see how many bullets you have left in your clip so its more realistic. also you dont get revived with full health you first have to be bandaged then healed from 0. also you can just drop a med or ammo pack so you have to be aware of what is close by.

the SL position is very complex and i havent had time to figure it all out yet but i will review it at a later date

xFreebirdx
12-29-2015, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the review man. ;)

Demo911
12-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Here (http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/5185-[Video]-I-hope-this-will-help-new-players-coming-in-%3C%3E//) is a link the the squad foru. That gives a basic get to know how to play the game for people. Note: the graphics and hud have changed sconce this came out but not much.

Nutter
12-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Ill be giving it a go.

ALPHA17
01-01-2016, 10:43 AM
Hey Demo. Let me know when vehicles are added to the mix. Would love to give it a spin then. Cheers!

Happy New Year to y'all. =]