PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battlefront Beta

cyb3rb3n
10-11-2015, 07:42 AM
I wanted to know everyone's feedback on the beta. What is your overall impression? How was performance of the game on your system? Any issues with graphics or audio? Did you like the play style? Tell us your favs and dislikes :)

harjas
10-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Graphics are good
Runs good on my system
Sound effects are good too
Love the pew pew of the guns

Respawn spots need to be fixed though and i hope final game has more guns and stuff and yes a server browser is required
Partner system needs to be fixed

Other than that all good :)

DaRBTKB1
10-11-2015, 10:46 AM
graphics and sound were all good

hero pickups are stupid and need to be nerfed, it's almost god mode for a minute of non stop killing. aiming reticle on that needs improvement however, it's just a single white dot in the middle of your screen.

vehicles are massively OP, and other than massive sustained focused fire, they are almost impossible to bring down. "planes" turning radius is shit, and you spawn right in the middle of the battleground instead of letting you fly in from the outside, so you have someone on your six almost immediately = fiery death. spawn locations for the power-ups for the vehicles constantly changes depending on the status of the map, so that is nice as you don't have 5 people just camping one spot, most of the time.

a few more scopes for the weapons would be nice, other than actually aiming, or in some cases the sniper shot (7second cd), there is virtually no zoom other than maybe a 2x on each weapon. Blaster fire = insta death almost, unless you are being shot by a simpleton, so you die a lot, but respawn is almost instantaneous.

overall, I liked it, but the 'perks' really need to be fully customizable, if i want to carry a nade, jump jets, and sniper upgrade, I should be able to w/o having some kind of shield instead. Every weapon being capable of sniper fire is a bit funny, especially when you have blaster pistols one shooting people from across the map via sniper head shot. It's nice that everything is on cd, so you have an infinite supply of sniper/nade/jet/etc shots as long as you live depending on their respective cd's.

Jump jets, It'd be nice to be able to control your flight path more than just having it be a straight line through the air, but it's a nice change if you can get used to it to surprise/kill an enemy in a superior position to you.

as of the beta, there is no spot option, so i was uselessly spamming the q button by reflex..

I like the gameplay though, and hope when it's released some of this will be addressed, I plan on playing it :) I was 2-3:1 k/d pretty much the whole time playing.

Nutter
10-11-2015, 11:27 AM
Not to bad but I can not say "wow can not wait to pay 50 odd pounds for it"..I can not justify price. But it was only one map and only beta.

I will wait to see the reviews on full release from any member's who actually buy it.

Motive
10-11-2015, 02:41 PM
Being burned by Hardline will make it very hard for EA to get into my wallet again.. and I found the gameplay boring. It's battlefield with lasers and space wizards.

Hardware wise, I had no issues running the game on either of my computers. My living room computer with a 3770k, and two 780 ti's, or the office computer with a 4790k and two 980 ti's. Granted, the living room is on a big tv, so it's capped at 60 fps, but I'd imagine it would had no problem maintaining 100+ fps on ultra ssj jedi settings. For the office comp on a 144hz monitor, I never went below 120fps. Also, the game suggests having 8gigs of ram, and it never used over 5gigs for me when I played. This could change for different maps or game modes, I suppose, but just noting it nonetheless.

Cerebral_Rage
10-12-2015, 12:06 AM
Eh

war
10-12-2015, 05:24 AM
still has the same problem as alpha player will not stay in fist person view and KEPT GETTING ME KILLED trying to figure out how to change back

didis503
10-12-2015, 07:38 AM
Well i will try and review this without the fact that many people will still buy it so they can play their in my opinion overpowered heroes.

They did a very good job optimizing the game, making the game decent to play because there was no obvious weapon that was overpowered. The game looks and feels like a star wars game. The maps are perfect, just a bit of tweaking needs to be done and I'll get to that later. Lastly sometimes the game looks nicer than the movies O.o so u have a real immersion feeling being in that battle.

Now on to the bad that I see:

The jet pack breaks the game. There is no linear gameplay especially in Hoth which means that it is very easy to get behind the enemy spawn and rack up 20-30 kills before the enemy knows ur there. There need to be invisible walls preventing that.

Talking about map balance Hoth needs to be done something about. Those atst I believe is what their called and atat are completely overpowered having allowed me to go on a 55 kill streak. The atat can see the spawn of enemy players and just calling in an orbital strike will completely fuck them all up. So there need to be map fixes like that so that does not happen.

The heroes in my opinion are overpowered if played right. I have gone on numerous 20-25 kill streaks and that honestly should not happen because every time I saw the hero I took a sip of beer knowing whatever the fuck I did he won't die.

Also weapon balance. While there was no gun truly overpowered the last gun u can buy the LMG is definetly the best choice for any sort of gameplay. It is insanely good for short and medium range and is still really good for long range. There really is no downside to it. The game truly was for me just a race to that gun and the cycler rifle because the combination of those two balance each other out to be amazing.

From a competitive standpoint this game won't last. There is no support for private servers yet which I was alright with until I noticed how absolute shit their joining servers with friends is. Killer jig Ben and I tried to join on each other multiple times and it did not work. Neither when we all created a group would it put us in a server where there was enough room, so 2 people had to wait in que and then actually get switched to a completely different server. There will be no PC community if they do not fix this asap.

The flying is complete shit and there is no excuse from dice for that. All they needed to do is copy and paste the fly controls from bf to star wars and tweak it a bit. Instead they decided to take them stop on them and then shit on them for good measure. There is really no excuse for that.

Also I need to point out the obvious sound bugs but I take it that will not go unnoticed if u played the beta.

If it is important to anyone with my load out and games style which is a run and gun and flank I had a 6-8 kdr almost every match

But aside from those downsides the game was very good. However nothing blew me away to want to spend 70 bucks on it so I will see what I think when it actually comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batavian
10-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Good reviews folks. I didn't even know there was a beta available :)

Raiger
10-12-2015, 02:01 PM
I'm not technically minded. I just played and liked it. Bought the game so can't wait!

DaRBTKB1
10-12-2015, 02:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ8Y4aEJ9y0

work computer is bugging....

jackfrags short review

Hannibal
10-14-2015, 12:56 PM
it was OK not enough content to make a full reveiw

Underdawg
10-14-2015, 07:40 PM
It's been a bit of fun and seems well done. Ran well on my older rig. Unlike some games it just didn't seem to "grab me" and make me want to buy it. I don't know if it's the game or fps burnout.

Underdawg
10-31-2015, 12:02 PM
I just read in the WSJ that EA upped their guidance based on higher Presales and expected sales of this game. They are expecting to sell 13m copies after they had 9.5 m try the beta.

groundshaker37
11-01-2015, 12:28 AM
i had fun playing the game and that is what i wanted too have fun ran gr8 on my rig i will buy this game