PDA

View Full Version : Classic Games

LSpore
03-15-2014, 11:29 PM
Hey people!

I want to know what are the games that you have the fondest memories of? Or what type of games you played when you were younger?

I only want to know so I could find some good old classics to play as I have tried to find some games that I used to play when I was a little boy, games like Commander Keen, Civilization, Warcraft, Settlers, SimCity, Transport Tycoon (Speaking of tycoon games, other tycoon fans here :)?!?)... and the list could go on for a long time, but anyone have any particular memories of a certain game they have awesome memories of, I would love to know it and try those games out!

Thanks, LSpore

James7679
03-15-2014, 11:45 PM
I'm gonna get shot for this, but COD4 is where I have some of my best memories. Its where my PC gaming journey started. After that, BFBC2, because that's what brought me back home, here.

I have played quite a few other games, on PC, but none have brought me the joy that I have when gaming online with friends. That's what we are all about. Broken game or not, we enjoy each others company and enjoy team play.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

war
03-16-2014, 07:47 AM
the first game I remember is humans came on 5 floppy and played on my old wins 3.1 then nascar 99 and through out the nascar series first fps was 1942

thefullmunty
03-16-2014, 09:10 AM
Lol X-wing, all those years ago, followed by X-wing Vs. Tie fighter. Console much later would be the original Mario cart and rampage.

Brian's Note

Ketzer7
03-16-2014, 09:33 AM
Used to play tons of Threewave CTF mod on GL Quake with an original Voodoo 1 3D card back in college. After that was Quake 2 and Quake 3 Arena with an Nvidia TNT2 vid card. This was before there was Ethernet in the dorms, so the place were I worked on campus had 100M connections at our desks which was unheard of in those days. Getting called an LPB by all the dial-up HPBs were good times. :)

Batavian
03-16-2014, 09:44 AM
LSpore...there is an active group of Civ 5 players that play online. Hit them up on Steam for a game. Didis, Saxon, Piper, Swan, Munty. I played Transport Tycoon. Great game. There is a version for tablets though I just can't get into it. Graphics are a bit dated. I played a lot of wargames in my day. Panzer General series. Total War games series. The Europa Universalis series was a favorite of mine. Also 3X space games like Sins of a Solar Empire.

LuvButt3r
03-16-2014, 09:57 AM
TacOps:AoT, Quake series, Unreal Series, Rogue Spear series, Duke Nukem, Command and Conquer, etc on pc. And of course lets not forget 007 Goldeneye on the N64, or the Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, NES, or Commodore 64 I had as a kid.

Sent From My Note 3 Via Tapatalk App

ivesetsail
03-16-2014, 10:32 AM
Descent was my jam back in the day. Other than that mostly console stuff growing up. Fond memories of having contests to see who could beat Mario the fastest. Tecmo, Contra, etc. Pretty much every n64 game was turned into a drinking game in college - surprisingly, Mario golf was the best for that. We used to turn radar off on GoldenEye and use a pizza box to split the four player mode into two separate teams - our own attempt at creating something akin to BF.

100shots
03-16-2014, 10:42 AM
On my Commadore 64 it was a sub game called red alert. On my first real pc it was Doom. For it's time I think it was the most awesome game ever.

war
03-17-2014, 10:41 AM
100 next time you come down we will have to play some pong .

Rawlings
03-17-2014, 03:24 PM
BF1942 when this game made a name for itself

fAtSaKz
03-17-2014, 05:51 PM
I started with the Sega Master system, NES, Sega Genesis, SNES, and moved up to the N64. I played every Sonic, Mortal Kombat, Mario, Zelda, Double Dragon, Metal Gear, Contra, Ninja Gaiden, R.C. Pro-Am, Mega-Man and Castlevania ever made for console. However, my first pc games ever were Street Fighter II and Duke Nukem, in 1991. Then I got into Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, X-wing, Heretic, Tie Fighter, Doom II, and so on. I loved Command and Conquer. I liked Quake and heavily played Half-Life/Counter-Strike 1.6 through CS:GO. General Consensus got me interested in playing BF2, a long time ago, and also helped get me back into the series as of late. I had gotten off-track and played Final Fantasy XI for 3-4 years.

Cheesewhiz
04-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Jezzball, Maxwell's Maniac are two of my faves from Windows 3.11.. I believe I Played it on Windows 3.11 Or was it 95..

GeneralConsensus
04-06-2014, 11:38 AM
download bf 1942 for free on origin. That's where this all started, and it was a lot of fun. And dont forget about Doom (the first one). That was when I found out how awesome computer games are.

killajules
04-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Battlefield 2, the only game I've ever played and was remotely ok at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Znait
04-06-2014, 02:10 PM
as a young lad which wasn't too long ago I loved Civ and Star Wars empire at War. After that it was Battlefront and then Elderscrolls and Fallout. Fondest memories of all time and I think forever will be Mass Effect and Bioshock Infinite. So many feels.

I love videogames that can take me to a whole new world, it's like reading, but with moving magical pictures. Ya feel me?