PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Black Flag

nsrick
07-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Granted I havent even played all of the AC games that have come out and on top of this I dont really like single player games. I have to say that the AC series besides the 2 I havent played is good fun. I stumbled upon this video and gave it a look. Seems like a pretty sick game, dont know a ton about this one but if its like the older ones its probably gonna be great..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB7X686jKMA

hem0gen
07-13-2013, 11:21 PM
I watched my roommate play one of the AC games on his PS3 and came away with mixed thoughts about it. The game mechanics looked cool. It seemed fun to simply scale the various structures in the game. I also liked that the game took place in a historical setting but I found that the story was based in popular conspiracy theories (Knights Templar) found on YouTube. I thought that it was kinda unimaginative and would have like to see a somewhat more original story. But that's just my preference. I'm not a huge fan of alternative history telling.

didis503
07-14-2013, 12:08 AM
I have played the previous game, assasins creed 3, and I got to say everything about the game was a ton of fun. Wether it was from running and assassinating your target to helping out little children by beating up some guys stealing from them... All the way to the multiplayer... This games my opinion s a very great thought out game and like hemogen said I love the fact that everything is able to be climbed... One of the favorite parts of this game for me was the naval warfare... Shooting down old ships by commanding your crew and shooting at the right time while having to dodge rocks and other ships was a lot of fun... I am definitely looking forward to the next one and. Will definitely buy it because I think they said it will be 40% naval gameplay and 60% on foot endeavors... If someone does buy this game play it on the hardest difficulty to have it last longer... Sry for spelling errors, to late for me to check it, and this will probably be my last post until July 24th because of Germany, so I will see you all then and I will try and get some pictures...

nsrick
07-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Eh I enjoy the alternative history stuff. :p Sadly I havent played the most recent AC releases.. I remember my issue with the older ones being that the game got repetitive. I'd assume they knew that was part of the problem and strive to incorporate more to do. So I hesitate to comment on that factor but for me thats what killed the game. Enjoyed it the first time through.. even dabbled with finishing off loose ends but then it was repetitive. I dont plan on getting a next gen console which is where the series really shines, so might not even purchase this until its reduced price for PC.

Cerebral_Rage
07-14-2013, 10:52 AM
It does look pretty.

jmac
07-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Speaking of AC. Have y'all seen the real life AC? With the exception of the intro, the performer does all of the stunts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAhPaiajwDY

The making of the video is cool too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_127217&feature=iv&src_vid=aAhPaiajwDY&v=36CLFOyaml0

nsrick
07-14-2013, 12:27 PM
I do that in my spare time

didis503
07-14-2013, 01:31 PM
i have seen that ;) It looks really cool... And rick you are right the game seems very repeating, but it truly isn't... For the gist of what one has to do is the same, but by far there are many different approaches to those different actions... You can go in "guns blazing" (more "blades balzing" but sounds stupid) or you can take the different stealth approach where ou ty and only take out the target, or yo can do it the way that I do it which is to take out everyone as stealthily as possible... BTW: Writing this on the plane ;)

Wolv3rine83
07-14-2013, 03:43 PM
orderd mine ages ago the black box edition :)have them all love this game

Maggot
07-14-2013, 04:06 PM
I tried playing ac3....Fell asleep while playing the game. Seriously fell asleep with controller in my hand. Wife woke me up and the dude was standing in the same spot on the ship. Not my cup of tea.

jmac
07-14-2013, 05:52 PM
I do that in my spare timeha, down in old city. Lol

nsrick
07-14-2013, 07:09 PM
ha, down in old city. Lol

Haha i scale up to see William Penn all the time