PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars 2 looks really good.

Brian_USA
05-23-2012, 09:47 PM
here is a cool video I found that shows how this really is a different mmo, it has dynamic enemies. Meaning some bosses don't spawn until like 20 people are in the area and then it is on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6zBTOwuSh0&feature=channel&list=UL

iSyndicate
05-24-2012, 06:39 AM
I have the original Guild Wars + Trilogy (Factions and Eye of the North Expansions). Definitely would like to play if anyone is interested.

SteveLord
05-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Diablo 3 + Guild Wars 2 + Torchlight 2....oh my :D

Brian_USA
07-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Guild Wars 2 release date is 8/28/12 for $60... I think I will be playing it. Sounds like a lot of fun with dynamic bosses and events.

iDustball
09-01-2012, 09:49 PM
I felt I'd dig up this old thread instead of making a new one. Guild Wars 2 is really damn solid. Smoothest launch of an MMO I've ever been a part of.

CommodoreVIC-22
09-01-2012, 11:32 PM
I'd prefer to play Diablo 3 or Torchlight 2 over Guild Wars 2. I don't know how varied things get in Guild Wars 2, but the first game was a lot of grinding and the PvP didn't interest me at all. I know some people who thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. If the game starts grinding a lot before you can get to the end of it.. that to me is a poorly made game.

SteveLord
09-02-2012, 01:04 AM
GW2 is getting stellar reviews across the board...

But TL2's low price is going to be hard to ignore.

iDustball
09-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Guild Wars 2 is actually nothing like the original. Most unique questing and combat system I've ever seen, the customization for your own character is something you don't see often. For not having a monthly sub, this game is amazing.

Nutter
09-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Never played it.but.looks.super.

warchraze
09-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Guild Wars 2 is an epic masterpiece!! The coolest part about it is you can create a character and at level one when you zone into the pvp area your automatically buffed to lvl 80 and have access to all of the weapons/armor. You dont have to ever touch the pve portion of the game if you don't want. The pvp is 100% skill based nothing like pvp in most mmo's were gear>skill. There is also no monthly fee so you don't have to play all the time if you don't want.

If decide to play I am playing on crystal desert as warcraze!

Brian_USA
09-07-2012, 12:00 AM
I got this game and love it. I am on Dragonbrand. I believe canopenermeat is on there too.

there are missions that just show up as well like protect a caravan from city to city. Love it. BF3 is still tops for combat fun but for a little different feel this is fun.

Brian_USA
09-11-2012, 02:40 PM
I'll start off by saying i am talking about another guild on here but for a totally different game. That should not violate our rules. I am not leaving BF3 just playing other stuff for variety.

Guys playing Guild Wars 2.... are you in a clan? Canopenermeat said he was in one on dragonbrand but I can not find his guild listed anywhere. I would love to join you guys on GW2 if your in a guild already. If not I am going to find a clan and join it. I am looking at two or three clans that look like fun. I already have an elementalist level 20. Really did not take long at all. I have only covered 5% of the map.

let me know.

Cheesewhiz
09-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Luls I just got GW2 bought, installed and runnign a few hours ago x3. ABout to check it out, SInce I am a AVID AVID Guild Wars fan. Well Lore wise. So fucking sue me >.>

IMA that play GW2 should get together on all one Server while there is no Migration fee :v

Biohazard
11-14-2012, 02:56 AM
It is an ok game and graphics are good. Just boring to play, I am not much of a role playing game guy or MMO but it has some interesting concepts.

DSavant
03-12-2017, 02:22 PM
I played GW2 and GW as well. I left after heart of thorns came out, but was a fun game while it lasted.