PDA

View Full Version : World Of Warplanes (Arcade Combat Multyplayer Flight Sim)

KyuzoS7
05-14-2012, 12:51 PM
same people who made World Of Tanks (game which i play) is coming out with a Planes/Jets version (in the future will be World of Battleships) i just got accepted into the alpha it's about all i can say.

but if i were to compare it to games which have jets etc let's just say it makes them feel like a cakewalk compared to this game.

Questions:
1: does it support joystick? A: yes
2: what era of planes/jets? A: WW1-Early 1950s (Fighters and Heavy Fighters) (Bombers were going to be in it but i guess those chose to leave them out but they may be added back in the future)
3: can you use actual air combat tactics? A: yes you can

Factions:
- USSR (VVS RKKA)
- Germany (Luftwaffe) and the AXIS (premium aircraft)
- U.S.A.
- United Kingdom (RAF)
- Japan
- Italy

Only the top 3 are in the alpha atm.
---------------------------------------------------

now i compare to their other game World of Tanks man is it a whole other game (yes i know you dont compare a tank with a plane/jet) but i meant the controls you'll have to tweak the sensitivity a bit to get a good balance i chose to just full keyboard the mouse is just all over the place when you try to turn and crap lol.

Website: http://na.worldofwarplanes.com/ it has a forums if you want to check it out a bit more because they have FAQ section you can look at youtube might have a few actual battles but shouldn't since the game is under NDA but if you want to talk about it just xfire me. trust me this game is not cakewalk only aid assist you get is for the rudder which can be turned on or off and im reading it's best to have it off.

Batavian
05-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Looks pretty cool.

TriggerhappyNY
05-15-2012, 09:52 AM
I have always been a great fan of the old Microsoft Combat Flight Sim series (which this game looks to be a run off) >> as well as all the old Jane flight sims >> these were the game that taught me to fly as well as I do today. These type of games teach and force the basic tools of flying >> I always played full damage and was fun to dive and watch the wings rip off lol

may be interested depending on the $$

capn_smash
05-15-2012, 10:51 AM
I want it

KyuzoS7
05-15-2012, 05:22 PM
I have always been a great fan of the old Microsoft Combat Flight Sim series (which this game looks to be a run off) >> as well as all the old Jane flight sims >> these were the game that taught me to fly as well as I do today. These type of games teach and force the basic tools of flying >> I always played full damage and was fun to dive and watch the wings rip off lol

may be interested depending on the $$ it will be Free To Play fully (you can get from start to finish without paying a dime) but they do have in game things like cash only planes (no they are not pay to win type of planes) they just help you better with your current Tree line and yes the game has Tech Trees for each faction from tier 1 to tier 10 so you'll have to play tier 1 to get to tier 2 and so on and so forth and no you will not see a tier 10 vs a tier 1 non of that unfairness.

when you get shot up in your plane you'll see holes in your wings and broken parts your engine will catch on fire all that good stuff but no your wings won't rip off for doing something like that have to keep it on arcade level but you can do everything else mid air stalls i actually did that in my plane i forced stalled out the guy was coming around trying to stall himself out and i ended up ripping him a new one i was tier 5 and he was tier 6.

TriggerhappyNY
05-16-2012, 09:53 AM
sweet

Brian_USA
05-23-2012, 09:37 PM
ya this one looks fun.

KyuzoS7
05-25-2012, 12:50 PM
http://na.worldofwarplanes.com/news/59-closed-beta-announced/

well sign up now because you'll get a spot for the closed beta

Batavian
05-25-2012, 01:40 PM
So where do you sign up? Do you have link? Or an invite? :)

KyuzoS7
05-25-2012, 05:28 PM
So where do you sign up? Do you have link? Or an invite? :)
https://na.worldofwarplanes.com/registration/en/

:)

it will be an all in 1 account which will let you play World Of Tanks, World Of WarPlanes, World of Battleships(Will be After WoWP)

warchraze
08-21-2012, 01:07 AM
I am an Alpha tester!!!

Nutter
09-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Wot¡ i did enjoy i guess more so with you, thought it was a bit slow. Is this game faster paced?